"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Sunday, October 14, 2007

Days of the Week Project


My local group just finished a swap based on the poem "Monday's child is fair of face, Tuesday's child is full of grace, etc...". One of the members bought little paper mache boxes which came with eight sturdy chipboard ATC-sized tags. These are punched in the upper left corners and held together with a chain and fit perfectly inside the box. Each of us chose a day of the week and decorated seven tags according to the corresponding line of the poem. We then swapped them and each of us altered our own box. I had "Friday's child is loving and giving" - here's the front of my tag.


And the back:



I covered the box with patterned paper from SU and used my new Martha Stewart border punch to make the eyelet trim and the "paper lace." Here's a photo of the "ribbon" which is just a strip of cardstock punched on both edges and makes a pretty accent.


3 comments:

Linda Manning Findley said...

Susan these are lovely ...... the kids kissing is just toooooo good ... Linda F

Anonymous said...

Your paper lace is so pretty. Great color choices, too. Liked the 4x4 and your "vision", as well. So glad you share with us!

Monica-FC said...

I love those.