"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Saturday, October 6, 2007

Today is World Cardmaking Day

What did you do to celebrate WCD today? I worked at the store - we had our Holiday Open House showcasing the new holiday classes and products. I demoed the new StampPress, stamping directly on photos, coloring photos with Distress Inks and Twinkling H2O's, using Perfect Medium as a resist, and using Perfect Pearls with Perfect Medium. I didn't really make any cards - just backgrounds and portions of cards.



But I did "almost finish" two cards this evening for my upcoming card class. Almost - because I need to add a few embellishments or stamps when I go back to work. Understandably I can only use items we have there so I couldn't quite finish them up.



On the first card I used a brass stencil (normally used for dry embossing on paper) with Artist's Cement to make the pumpkin image. Once dry I colored it with chalks. The base card is a metallic bronze which doesn't show up in the scan. I still need to put a "thanks" metal tag on the ribbon with the new Tag Curler.

This one was done with a Heidi Swapp leaf mask on ivory cardstock. I then sprayed Adirondack Colorwash (Butterscotch and Cranberry) over the cardstock and carefully lifted off the mask. I cut it into equal squares and adhered them onto another piece of ivory cardstock, leaving a small space between each. The orange and black checked ribbon is layered over a strip of black cardstock. I will either stamp "fall" in black along the bottom or use black glitter letter stickers. I may also punch two black photo corners and place them on the upper right and lower left design area. Unfortunately this scan doesn't show the variation in colors that you get with the colorwash sprays.