"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Altered Houses






What a fun day! Two of my online friends and I met in McGregor (near Waco) at one of the gal's houses and played all day making these houses. Jeri had them all precut for us out of matboard. There are six different shapes and sizes. We each decorated three of two different shapes. Then we exchanged houses so we ended up with two of our own plus two from the others. They were so much fun to make! We used bits and pieces of papers, lace, ribbons, tags, German scrap, buttons, flowers, mica, brads, chipboard and vintage images.




The two houses above are mine. The first one was the largest of the group and approximately 4 1/2" by 8." The lower one was the smallest at 2 1/2" by 4."




These two were made by Jeri. I love how she perched the three little girls above the stamped swirl on the "8" house and turned tiny tags upside down on the second house. The word "explore" is topped with a thin sheet of mica attached with brads.



The last two were made by Livia. The black gate on the first is a premade German scrap piece and I love how she attached the left side and hinged the right with a darling girl's figure underneath. Can you see the stamped bees flying up near the roof? The second has a vintage woman's image layered under a window cut from an old text page and a stamp forms the dormer window. I love how Livia watercolored the window panes for shadowing and the pen details around the upper window. Do you see the bees again?


Tomorrow I will finish this project by attaching them together with ribbons run along the backs. Then it can be folded as an accordion book or simply displayed as a linear grouping. I will post another photo so you can see it all together.

3 comments:

Linda Manning Findley said...

these are soooooooo wonderful ... know y'all had a blast making them ... green with envy Linda F

Veronica said...

oh my gosh, so it was you that got to have a play date with jeri lol
I so wish I could have been there. These houses are fab!!!

Retro Cafe' Art Gallery said...

I love your houses - they are fabulous!!!!