"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Back in the groove



.

I think I've finally recuperated and caught up from my two weeks' "vacation". I'm glad to be back to arting and blogging! Today Blogger is giving me fits with photos, so they are all posted here at the top.

Last night was my local stamp group's monthly meeting. We had alot going on! We just finished a "Fourth of July" mingle where we each decorated a paper mache number 4 and we swapped them out last night. The first photo above is "the group" - minus the two gals who aren't local. Second photo is my 4 which went to Julie. The next two are the front and back of the ultra-decorated and very cute 4 I received from Trisha! Both sides are literally encrusted with tiny bits of sequins, beads and what I call "gumball machine" goodies. The last photo shows all ten! We had so much fun with this swap!

We also had decided to submit some cards for the Stamper's Sampler magazine "Different Point of View" article. The idea is to take one stamp and use it many different ways. We used a SU dress stamp and the photo below is what we came up with. There are 10 very different cards from 8 members. The second photo is the card I made. Let's hope that SS likes this eye candy and publishes our efforts!





And we also made this cute little purse/card/folder. All supplies were Stampin Up. This is made with two square envelopes, one sheet of 12 x 12 double-sided paper,3 round, scalloped note cards, and a few flowers and pearl embellishments

1 comment:

Linda Manning Findley said...

great stuff and LOVE the photo of y'all ...... Linda F