"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Saturday, June 7, 2008

Chipboard mini-book





I made this little book in a "Scrapstashers" class where we brought our own papers and embellishments and the precut chipboard pages were given to us. The original sample was a horizontally opening book, but my chipboard alphas were too big for a horizontal orientation so mine ended up going vertically.

I originally was making this for my mom for Mother's Day but, as you see, it didn't quite make it in time. This is just a simple little book with graduating size pages. I added some of my favorite old photos of my mom and once I give it to her I will verify the dates and write them in.

The first photo shows the book completely closed. Each photo after that shows one more page lifted to reveal what's on the next page. This was a fun little book to make and could be adapted for as many or as few photos as you want and it could also be adapted for just about any theme.

A few fun things:
The flower paper clip was made by simply gluing the top of a large paper clip between two paper flowers, then adding a button on top.

The large flower on the last page was made by punching 6 circles (I think they were about an inch) out of double-sided paper. Then two sides of each circle were folded in slightly to form the petals and glued to the page. A button was glued in the center.

The chipboard letters were painted with acrylic paint and smeared with iridescent Stickles when dry. The "O" was stapled to the page - the staples criss cross to form an x.

An easy way to make photo corners: punch or cut a square any size, then cut in half diagonally.

1 comment:

Linda Manning Findley said...

Susan this is super ... you always come up with neat stuff .... Linda F