"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Thursday, December 31, 2009

Happy New Year!

Can you believe it's the last day of 2009? It seems like we just entered the 21st century and now we're already 9 years into it! I wish all of you the very best of everything in the coming year. Is anyone making resolutions? Mine is to try to blog more regularly and to make more personal art, which will be a challenge as it seems I'm always designing new classes and projects for the store. Here's a lovely free winter image for you from http://thevintageworkshop.com/.
I wanted to share the gift I received at my local art group's annual Christmas party this week. (We are all so busy with jobs and families during the holidays that we always plan our party for after Christmas.) We draw names and make something special for that person. This year my good friend Julie had my name and look at the fabulous wire dress form she altered! It is full of bits and pieces of "junque." I love it! It is so apropos as I am the one who introduced her to recycling and saving everything. One of the most meaningful items on this are the tiny charms with pictures of each of my 5 children, as well as a heart charm with 5 "stick" figures. There are also little special items like a Texas license plate (we live in TX) with my name, her high school athletic ticket (she has four very athletic boys), a ribbon from chocolates (I love chocolate), a bit of a tape measure (I sew) and so many more. The best part of this gift is I can keep adding little goodies to it. Every time I look at it I see different things. Thank you Julie for a very special gift.




2 comments:

Robin said...

This is so cool Susan!

Linda Manning Findley said...

Love this Susan .... Linda F