"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Monday, October 3, 2011

Autumn?

It may be the beginning of October, but here in Texas we have a long way to go before we can say it's fall. This week we're actually getting a "cold spell" with mid-80's temps!  At least we can create autumn projects.

I belong to a Yahoo group that is starting a new monthly challenge. One member posts a "make-and-take" project with specific guidelines and then we can play along, creating a similar piece or changing it up as we wish.

This month Diann posted a 5" x 7" autumn card with several layers. We were to incorporate an oval layered fall quote/sentiment and fall leaves.

I decided to play along - it was relaxing and fun to follow someone else's directions for a project!  I made this fall card with bits and pieces from my stash.


It's a simple card with several layers of patterned papers and a stamped quote.  The leaves are glossy paper with alcohol inks.  They were diecut with the Tattered Leaves die.  I added the burlap and twine for texture.

3 comments:

★*jEnNiE*★ said...

LOVE the card and beautiful colors! Fall is my FAVORITE season... whenever it REALLY decides to start here in TX! I'm in Fort Worth, near Haslet, so not to far from where you are! Have a FaBuLoUs day!

Unknown said...

Love the card Susan, the leaves are beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card Susan!