"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Friday, September 21, 2012

Thanksgiving Minibook

About a month ago I got together with a few friends who wanted me to do a project with them - some kind of fall minibook. I made a sample using some paper bags, corrugated cardboard and some very old papers I had left over from my Recollections days almost 5 years ago! It felt good to put these to good use as I still think they are beautiful.

 Our daughter and son-in-law just bought their first house in Austin and are planning to invite both sides of the family for Thanksgiving so I decided to make this a memento of their first holiday in their new house. It has lots of room for photos and journaling.



The cover - corrugated cardboard, papers, ribbon, paper rosette and diecut paper leaves

Inside cover and pocket page on right which holds a tag

Back of pocket and page 3

Back of page 3 with pocket and small acrylic page on right

Back of acrylic page and page 5

Page 5 and 6 (another pocket page with tag)

Back of pocket page and page 7

Back of page 7 with pocket and another small acrylic page

Back of acrylic page and page 9

Back of page 9 and inside back cover

Pages 3, 5, 7 and 9 are made with the bags and the unique construction allows for two pockets for tags

I love how the book turned out. It was fun to work on a personal project for a change and be able to use some of my hoarded supplies! I hope Kelly will like it and enjoy the memories it will hold for years to come.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

I love mini albums and this one looks like it was a lot of fun to construct. I like it!!!

Vicki Chrisman said...

SO fun! Love it!

Carolyn Dube said...

This is the most thoughtful and amazing gift! What a heartfelt way to celebrate their first Thanksgiving!

Robin said...

This is fabulous Susan! I'm sure it will be filled with special memories and enjoyed for years to come.

Hugs,
Robin