"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Friday, June 19, 2015

Documented Life Project - Week 24

June Theme: Travel Journaling
Week 24
Art Challenge: Recording Memories
Journal Prompt: Take the Road Less Traveled



For this week, I chose to document our trip to Colorado with our grandson, Drew, a few weeks ago as it's the most recent one we've taken. 

We had flown into Albuquerque to babysit the boys but had to go a few days early because of flight availability. So we took that opportunity to drive up to Buena Vista, CO, where my husband's almost-ninety-year-old aunt lives. I hadn't seen her in four years and she'd never met Drew.

For this spread I covered the background with torn maps, adding one of Colorado on the top. Then I added some paints and stamping in the background. I also used photos of the Collegiate mountain range and of Drew at the river near her house. 

Memories of the trip were journaled on the back of a vintage postcard. The "road less traveled" journal prompt was perfect, as we took a wrong turn at one point and ended up taking the scenic, but longer, route there!

I'm looking forward to next week's prompts to be posted tomorrow. I can't believe that it's almost halfway through the year already!