"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Monday, July 6, 2015

Documented Life Planner - Week 26

June Theme - Travel Journaling
June 27 - Week 26
Art Challenge: Photos and Words
Journal Prompt: A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words


It's been a week since I last posted! Where does the time go? We did spend most of last week in Austin with my daughter's family.  Baby Mitchell just turned 2 months old and went into the hospital on Monday for out-patient hernia surgery. He was a little trooper and I think it bothered his parents and grandparents far more than him! Other than being drowsy the rest of Monday and all Tuesday, he seemed to have no pain or side effects? Whew!

I spent the weekend catching up on this week's DLP spread. Originally I was inspired by one of the coordinator's pages where she made image transfers of some photos and cut them into Polaroid shapes. But while perusing my stash, I found these mini watercolor postcards that one of my daughters brought me from a Paris trip and decided this was a good place to showcase them and get them out of the cupboard!

On the background I collaged old scrapbook paper featuring a Paris street map over which I added a thin wash of off-white paint. Then I added bits of some Paris-themed tissue paper, the trimmed postcards and a few embellishments. I computer-generated the title. Two different Paris washi tapes separate the dates.

The year is half over! 26 more weeks to go! I am so happy I am able to stay up-to-date, despite the frequent trips to visit grandkiddos! 

No comments: