"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Sunday, August 23, 2015

MIA and Documented Life Planner Week 31

Wow, I can't believe it's been so long since I stopped by here! Yes, I've been busy!

I have spent the last month or so trying to catch up on my oldest two grand boys' scrapbooks. I was going to do their first year, but the project took on a life of its own and has morphed into documenting their first two-plus years!

We went to Austin to visit Carl and Mitchell for our birthdays (mine, my husband's and my oldest daughter's are within 4 days of each other in August) and that was my deadline so I could give the scrapbook to Carl then. I think at last count I scrapped about 70 pages for him! Needless to say, the one album is now two! I've also almost finished Drew's to take to him when we go to Albuquerque next weekend - his is almost as big!

Back to Documented Life - with August came a new theme: Faces, The Human Form and Characters. Yikes! I've never drawn a face or body except stick figures! I was terrified and procrastinated big time.

Aug. 1
Art Challenge: Expressive Faces
Journal Prompt: "What I See Clearly Now"



So this was my face. I followed Dina Wakley's drawing instructions in her new book Art Courage.  I now wish I had stopped with the drawing instead of moving on to painting it! I'm not that happy with it but it is my first attempt so, hopefully, I'll get better! For the journal prompt, I wrote around her head saying that I can clearly see that I need lots of practice!

Since I wanted to focus on the drawing, I did a minimal background using a few spray inks and stencils. I used the entire left page for the calendar information because I didn't want to spread the face over two pages.

I am still two weeks behind, not including the current week, so I'd better get moving! The next challenge is Characters so hopefully that will be easier.(?)

No comments: