"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Monday, February 26, 2018

Another Collage

Yesterday I woke up and could hardly move! My lower back is killing me - it might be sciatica. I've never in my life had back problems so this was quite a surprise. I cannot think of anything I did out of the ordinary to cause this. 

So, since I'm pretty much out of commission but can sit comfortably, I made yet another quirky collage. This one was very easy as Joanne posted it on her YouTube channel today and very generously made a free collage sheet of all the elements to share. Click here to get the collage sheet to make your own!

I printed the sheet out once at 100% and then again at 75% because it was a bit large to use in my traveler's notebook journal. I used the larger head, "wings," colorful strip and the word "live;" and the smaller body and words "out" and "loud." 

I glued all the pieces onto a patterned paper that I lightly gessoed to mute the background. I doodled a border and outlined many of the elements and was done. She called it "five-minute collage" but it took me longer to cut, glue and embellish!



I think she turned out pretty cute and I was happy to be able to accomplish at least one thing today! Hopefully my back will improve quickly or I will be going to see the doctor!

1 comment:

Sue Kosec said...

OMGoodness. Not you, too!!!!!! My back is bad. Traveled to my left elbow, right knee, neck but (both sides) and I see no relief in site. What are we going to do?

Well, at least you were able to create something - and it's adorable. Keep it up.

In the meantime, perhaps our paths will cross in the ER at Baylor Grapevine. Ugh.

xo
SuZeQ