"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Saturday, December 15, 2018

"12 Days of Christmas"

Once again this year I participated in my online group's "12 Days of Christmas" Swap. We are divided into groups of 12. Each person is assigned one day and makes 12 small gifts, one for each participant in the group, and send them off to each person (we are all over the country so it's fun to get packages from everywhere just before Christmas!). Then twelve days before Christmas we start opening one gift per day.

These were the little shadowbox tins I made for everyone. I actually made 12, but I had sent off some before I remembered to take a photo! I used the bottom half of Altoid mint tins, some Tim Holtz Christmas papers from my stash and little Santa, snowmen and tree trinkets. I hope they like them.


We started opening on the 13th and so far I've received:

a darling white snowy tree in a vintage tin mold from Joan





a clever tri-fold folder for mail art from Robin


open folder revealing contents


and a beautiful altered CD hanging from Judy

I think the background may be hand-painted


Love the unique ideas everyone comes up with and the wonderful artistry in this group!

No comments: