"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Tuesday, December 18, 2018

December Daily Album

This is the third year I have done a December Daily album. (If you don't know what this is, it was started by Ali Edwards and you make any kind of album or even use a photo album and document each day of December.)  This is a great project for using up small scraps of Christmas papers, ephemera, washi tape and ribbons. I have not bought anything new for these except this year I bought the Tim Holtz Christmas Paper Dolls and Word Chips!

 I knew I wanted to do a Traveler's Notebook-type journal but it wasn't until I came across this post on my friend's blog (Autumn Clarke on Sew, Paper, Paint) that I decided to make one like hers. Please do check out her blog as she is so talented and does gorgeous projects. She used the Eileen Hull journal die by Sizzix - since I don't own that die, a friend cut one for me.

Her's was perfection so I mainly copied it although I had to substitute some papers and ephemera as she was using some past Tim Holtz items from her stash. I didn't have the little frame so cut one from some Tim Holtz product packaging. I also had to stamp the tree and I used my Dymo labelmaker for the black sentiment strip. I love it!



Front cover


Here are the pages for the first half of December.

Inside front cover (that's a napkin I used for front and back covers) and Day 1 


Days 2&3

Days 4&5

Days 6&7

Days 8&9

Days 10&11 with tip-in of our family Christmas card

Day 11

Days 12&13


Days 14&15

No comments: