"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Wednesday, November 20, 2019

Back from annual retreat

Every year I attend a week-long retreat with 9 other artsy friends. This year we rented a large house in Blanco in the hill country of Texas. The attendees were from Washington state, Utah, New Mexico and Texas. Five of us presented day-long art projects and the remaining four brought kits for creating five or more cards. WE had a fantastic time, as always, and it certainly sparked my creative mojo!

This was my project - a Christmas-themed "shadowbox" using a six-cup muffin pan. I used a dark green paint for the first coat, then crackle and a top coat of ivory paint.  The openings have different backgrounds of Christmas papers along with various embellishments.




Another project was this great book project. We first created the book foundation using black cardstock and the "Stack the Deck" hinge system (Laura Denison). The kit included lots of these pretty papers, Tim Holtz "paper dolls", die cuts, metal embellishments, ribbons and stickers.  We all added many of our own embellishments as well. I love the vintage feel of this little book!

Cover

First two pages

Pages 3 and 4

Pages 5 and 6

Pages 7 and 8

Pages 9 and 10

Pages 11 and 12

Pages 13 and 14

Pages 15 and 16

Page 17 and back inside cover

I will share more of our projects in my next post.

1 comment:

Sue Kosec said...

You have the best, creative friends! Just look at all you accomplished. Just beautiful!

Happy crafting!
xo
SuZeQ