"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Thursday, December 6, 2007

Christmas Cards Galore

Every year I get an idea for a card and purchase a few stamps - but I can never stick to one design for long. 100 identical cards is just too boring, especially with all the great stamps on the market! So, here are a few of this year's Christmas cards which I'm trying to finish.



















The card on the above left uses a stamp from Stampers Anonymous. I dry-brushed gold acrylic paint on the back of acetate, then stamped on the front with Staz On. The card on the above right is similar to one I posted awhile back which I had done for a "make-n-take" at the store. I used alcohol inks on glossy cardstock, Twinkling H2Os for coloring in the images (sprinkled with glitter while wet) and a Stampendous clear stamp set.


The Santa stamp on the next card is by Inkadinkado. These colors didn't scan well, as the base card and background of stamped image are cream and the ink and layer are dark green. I threaded gold beads onto cream sheer ribbon before attaching to the layer. This was actually CASEd from somewhere on the web - sorry I can't remember where to give credit.

The blue card uses 3 stamps from Just for Fun. This is actually their "Project of the Month" card on their website. I love the little girl and her doll. The words are all one background stamp and the snowflakes a border. I added Stickles dots inside the snowflakes.

I'm working on more - will share tomorrow. So many stamps, so little time...



No comments: