"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Thursday, January 10, 2008

So much for resolutions...

Well, my goal to blog more often hasn't been achieved this first week of the new year! I've been very busy with work and getting holiday decorations put away and the house back to normal. But I have taken some time to sit down and do a few art projects that were on my "to do" list.

One of my co-workers had taught a mini-book class in December using the new "Noteworthy" papers from Making Memories. I love these papers so copied her base book, giving it my own touches with added pockets and tags. The book is made from chipboard die-cut with the new Accucut tab book die cut. I painted the chipboard first with gesso and then with cream, pink and aqua acrylic paints. The inside pages were close to 6" square, without the binding edge, so a 1/4 sheet of 12x12 paper covered well. This line of paper includes several papers with scalloped or zigzag edges which I wanted to showcase, so I used these on the front and back covers which were a bit larger. The book has four inside pages, two with tabs. I had fun decorating the pages with pockets and tags made from extra paper as well as ribbons and flowers and buttons. I love my new little art journal in which I will save bits and pieces of inspiration, ideas for projects, and whatever tickles my fancy!



3 comments:

Sandy said...

Wow Susan this is just gorgeous!

Linda Manning Findley said...

Susan this is so GREAT ... love it all ... Linda F

Monica-FC said...

I love this mini book. be great with pics and thoughts.