"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Sunday, January 27, 2008

Valentine Swap


My local stamp group is having a Valentine swap - we are each decorating a paper mache letter V for another member. This is the one I did for Karen. I painted the letter first with red acrylic paint, then adhered patterned paper, lace and ribbon, a painted and "stickled" chipboard heart, and a vintage image glued to a heart playing card (from the Target $1 Spot). The dark red heart paper on the lower portion is actually tissue paper that the V was wrapped in and given to us by the hosting member. I couldn't resist using it on the project.

3 comments:

Linda Manning Findley said...

really cute Susan ... love the lace insertion and ribbon ...... Linda F

Mary Lynn said...

I love your V Susan. It is so sweet with the little Valentine person on there. Well, are you still staying busy at Recollections? Livia and I haven't been back. I can't afford to go back! Hope to see you soon. I would love for you to join our local group. We have so much fun. We will meet next on the 9th. Could you come and play that day?

Anonymous said...

I like your valentine V Susan!