"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Monday, October 19, 2009

Halloween Cupcakes

I've got a short break between morning and evening classes today, so thought I'd do a quick post. Don't these cupcakes look yummy? They're from Country Living (you can find the complete recipe online at countryliving.com) and the web decorations are so easy. Just melt white chocolate chips in a ziploc bag, cut off one corner and use the bag to pipe the melted chocolate onto a template (given on the website) covered with waxed paper. Once they are cool, lift them off the waxed paper and press them into the cupcake icing.


Seeing these reminded me of a similar project I did years ago when my oldest child was very young. I made snowflakes with icing that hardens using this same technique. I then strung them with ribbon and hung them on our Christmas tree. The next morning Kimberly got up before us and by the time we came out, all the snowflakes that she could reach were missing from the tree! And, if I remember correctly, she had a bit of a tummyache that day!

2 comments:

LuLu Kellogg said...

These look delish!

Hop you will have a wonderful week :)

LuLu~*xoxo

Robin said...

These look too pretty to eat! Hope you enjoyed your brief break from work!