"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Monday, October 12, 2009

Spooky Pendants

Yesterday afternoon I taught a "Spooky Pendant" class using the Memory Frames from Ranger. Students chose from an assortment of papers, stamps and "doodads" to create their own two-sided collages for the frame of their choice. These were the two samples I provided.
Warning: the photos are not the best - these were hard to photograph without a glare.

For the rectangle pendant I stamped Stamping Bella's "Witchy Bella" and colored her with Copic markers. She was then cut out and layered over a Halloween paper. The reverse side was stamped with an Impression Obsession "eyeballs" border and the words were also stamped with an IO border and then cut out.


In the square frame I stamped a harlequin background (also from Impression Obsession) on orange cardstock and layered a patterned paper before stamping, embossing and coloring the spider. It's hard to see but I also stamped "eeek!".

The reverse side has layers of Halloween patterned papers and a jack-o-lantern I stamped on orange, cut out and glued on. The word was also cut out from the stamped border.



These were fun to make and are really cute hanging on a black cord with a ribbon bow.

2 comments:

Diann said...

I love all your spooky things, Susan! They each look as if they were so much fun to create! Diann

Robin said...

Great Halloween art Susan!