"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Monday, October 5, 2009

Welcome to Anthologies

We survived opening weekend! Three days of huge crowds, make-and-takes, demos, door prizes and lots of sales. Whew! Today I was off and I slept in very late to recuperate.

Here's some peaks into the new store. The first photo shows the front of the cash wrap which you can see from the front door. Doesn't it look like a candy store?

This is the lovely stained glass window made by a dear friend of the owner to cover the window into the office. It's even more stunning in real life.
Tracy made this beautiful piece using an old window as the base and the gorgeous Domestic Goddess line of paper from Graphic 45. I love the addition of the old utensils. This hangs in our kitchen area.


One of several photos of the vintage area - my favorite. The white cabinet holds the breast cancer line of papers from Melissa Frances. Not sure if you can make it out (click to enlarge), but I made the banner at the top of the cabinet and it has two photos on it of my husband and I when we were approximately 9 years old.


Don't you just love the addition of the white bench?


This cabinet holds more Melissa Frances products as well as some old kitchen items (a grater and sifter) which I altered with some papers and ribbons. The layout on the right is one I did of my mother's graduation photo, G45 Domestic Goddess papers, embossed metal and a background of corrugated cardboard.


Farmers' Market papers, bakers' twine and "jelly jars" - I love the old Dr. Pepper case on the wall and the white kitchen stool.


Cowboy corner, complete with "horse" and boots...

3 comments:

Diann said...

The store looks wonderful, Susan, and I sure wish I could visit there! Thanks for sharing! Diann

Robin said...

What great pics Susan! That banner with the pics of you and your hubby is just adorable! Love the antique furniture and accessories in the store. I will definately take a trip soon and check it out in person.

Karin said...

I want to crawl through the pictures and shop! Looks wonderful!!