"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

I'm back from Albuquerque

This weekend I flew to Albuquerque to my daughter's bridal shower - a short trip, leaving Friday evening and returning Sunday morning. Other than missing four flights (non-rev standby) due to the heavy spring break traffic and having to buy a full-fare ticket for the last seat on the last flight in, it was a great trip. All four of my girls attended (from Chicago and New York City) so we had a fun girl weekend. Two of Kelly's flight attendant girlfriends flew in also and three of her childhood/high school and college friends attended. All the girls went to Santa Fe for a bachelorette night out on the town followed by a spa day on Sunday. Here's a cute photo of them before they met up with the "locals". My four are on the left - Kelly is the bride-to-be in the light blue shirt.

Back at Anthologies, we were having our Spring Fling Open House, debuting our twenty new spring and Easter classes. I was there on Friday helping with the make-and-take and explaining some of the classes. We had a wonderful turnout and the class projects were well-received. Almost 300 classes have been sold! So we are going to be busy!

Sorry I can't reveal the projects in their entirety, but here's one sneak peek at a canvas Tracy and I collaborated on.


I LOVE this chair - it was a dirty brown and we painted it pink, distressed with white and then decoupaged old hymnal music pages on the seat and back with an occasional butterfly. It's part of our display, but I'd love to take it home... Can't you just see this done for a teenager's room with teen magazine cutouts or torn posters? What about a chair for the kitchen done in recipes? The possibilities are endless.

So, we are all ready for spring - are you?

No comments: