"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Working on Page 2

I've been playing on the second page of my art journal the past few days.  First I gessoed the page and then spritzed Glimmer Mist over the page.  I then removed the mask and added a Maya Road mist (which sputtered and splotched all over).  I liked the combo of the colors though.



Not sure what to do next, I tore a heart from an old dictionary page and glued it to the page.


To integrate the heart with the background, I painted over it with a diluted pink acrylic paint and then stamped circles with several bottle tops in white and pink paints.



So now ideas are going to have to percolate for awhile on what to do next!  The great part of art journaling is that you can keep coming back to the pages and change or add as desired, at least until you are either very happy with the results or nothing is improving the page!

4 comments:

Scatter said...

Can't wait to see how it progresses!

Unknown said...

I love it so far...pink and orange is a pretty combo here.

Linda Manning Findley said...

Looks really good Susan ... one day soon I will get back to my art but in the mean time I love looking at your eye candy ... Linda F

DeeDee said...

fun to see it progress...and you can let your imagination run free....fun project Susan