"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Create and Bloom

at The Little Blue House.  That's the name of the canvas I created as part of my design team commitment for the Front Porch Kits this month. (You can visit the website at www.frontporchkits.com to see
 all the design team projects in the gallery and there are still a few kits left if you wish to purchase one.)




I had so much fun making this canvas. It's 12"x12" and everything I used (except paint, rubons, molding paste and doodle pen) was in the kit.  The background was started by glueing down a 9x11 piece of Webster's Pages "Your Life. Beautiful" paper and then painting over it.  (I used an old credit card to paint with so the coverage isn't complete and some of the paper shows through - though it doesn't show up in this photo.) Most of the flowers, sun, tree, butterflies and windows were made with papers from the kit.  Bella Blvd. alpha stickers spell "create." I used fabric from the kit for the house and made the roof from chicken wire laid into wet molding paste.  The door is a tag that was attached to the tin pocket in the kit. I did lots of doodling too!




In the closeup above you can see a few of the flowers which are buttons. All the buttons in the kit were brown wooden ones so I used alcohol inks and Copic markers to color them.

I named this "Create and Bloom at the Little Blue House" because it's a little blue house and that's exactly what we do there!

No comments: