"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Front Porch Kit Projects

Now that we've revealed the "Fresh from the Garden" Front Porch Kit, I can share some of the projects I made with the kit.

These two are some of the featured projects which means that the full tutorial including step-out photos are included on the instructional CD included in the kit.


This is the "Polly Pocket" tin wall pocket included in the kit. Isn't it adorable?  I decorated it with two of the beautiful papers, some of the crocheted trim and fabrics, the little bird and, of course, the darling crocheted cherries.


I just had to do something with that cute garden glove in the kit, so I designed this Garden Handbook.  Can you guess what I used for the corrugated cardboard covers of the book?  I cut them (along with the little title sign) from the box the kit arrives in!  I like to be green... I even covered the pen with some of the paper and added a button on top to secure the twine that attaches the pen so it doesn't get lost.

The Handbook fits inside the pocket, but the pocket would also be a great place to store outgoing mail, or seed packets, or even a bunch of fresh flowers.

This kit was so much fun to work with.  It's selling fast so if you're interested in getting one, check out www.frontporchkits.com and order asap!  I'll share more projects tomorrow!

No comments: