"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Gothic Arch Swap

 I recently participated in a "Gothic Arch" swap with an online group. The project had to be floral-themed and be in any arch shape.  I chose this rounded arch and used a collage image framed with a heavy coppery paper.  The butterfly is stamped on vellum and cut out with rhinestones added.  The quote is stamped as well. I added the outline in gold Krylon pen, a Maya Road suede flower and some lace.


Candy sent me this clever "arch." She made it from an old tie!  This is the front on which she added flowers, a paper image and a clay, embossed Eiffel Tower. 



Here is a shot of the back side which was a pocket.  She filled it with lots of floral ephemera and another Eiffel Tower.  So creative.




I love swaps - it's so much fun to see the many creative interpretations of the same theme.

No comments: