"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Friday, July 29, 2011

Game On Diet

I'm four days into a new diet/habit-changing plan.  It all started when Tracy (owner of the LBH) and her family heard about this new plan and decided to take it on.  One of the premises is that competition helps, so you form teams (even one-on-one) to help you stay focused for the month-long diet.  Tracy determined that she would do better if those of us at the LBH also joined her, so, after much cajoling and persuading, we did.

You can find out more details of this on the website www.gameondiet.com, but basically the rules are: 5 small meals per day consisting of one protein, one carb, one healthy fat (min. of 4 vegetables per day); no soda (not even diet) or alcohol; 20 min. exercise daily; minimum of 7 hours sleep each night; 3 liters of water daily; adding one healthy habit (and doing it every day) and eliminating one bad habit (also every day); and communicating with both teammates and opponents.

So far I'm doing ok on the food portion and find I'm not even hungry, probably because I'm eating so often! What's hard is giving up chocolate, sweets and Diet Coke, though, surprisingly, it's not as bad as I feared.  I'm even managing to get 7 hours of sleep in - usually I only get 5-6.  I am normally a water drinker so I wasn't worried about the water rule, but 3 liters is ALOT! I'm drinking constantly to get it all in. (Maybe that's for men...) Every day I'm drinking more, but have only managed the 3 ltrs once.  As far as exercise, let's just say I'm trying and have walked a few days. I also did heavy cleaning on my day off - maybe that counts...

Almost a month to go - we'll see what happens.  Wish me luck!

3 comments:

Robin said...

Best of luck to you and the rest of the gang at LBH! Sounds like you are off to a great start.

Hugs,
Robin

JMeaux said...

Good Luck Susan - hoping maybe I'll be inspired by the LBH gals to start this myself - I know I could benefit immensely. I know you will too!

Judy said...

Good luck, Susan!! Losing weight isn't easy, but having buddies who are doing it at the same time will make it easier.

I've knocked off 25 pounds since February and am looking for the last 5. Doesn't help that I have been out of town most of July and not really sticking too closely to eating right. But the main reason for my dieting was to reduce my cholesterol. And I did!! Down from 238 to 189. Am very proud of that!

Good luck and I will be checking in on you regularly!