"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Thursday, June 5, 2014

New Scribbly Bird Stamps

This week I finally received my much-coveted "Scribbly Bird Stamp Set" by Dina Wakley and I just love the little birds and the sayings on this set.  I couldn't resist finishing up this art journal page with one of the cute birds. And since I already had a heart on the page, the saying was perfect too. It says "Keep a green bough in your heart and perhaps a singing bird will come."

The background was done with lots of "mop up" inks, paints, sprays and dribbles. The letters and numbers were added with modeling paste and stencils. The heart was a book page that I tested a new Balzer Bits heart stencil on - which failed as you can't read it but I loved the color and kept it anyway.

I cut the tree branch from some book text and cut out and colored the leaves. The bird was stamped on book text also and then painted and glued to page. The quote was stamped on a vintage label.  I love how this turned out from just a messy half-finished page.


And, just for grins, I thought you might like to see what my workspace looks like after a creating frenzy!

2 comments:

Sue Kosec said...

Great work. Oh - and you're just like the rest of us with your workspace. Haha ... it just goes with the creative process, right?
SuZeQ

Carla said...

Always impressed.