"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Monday, June 2, 2014

And more - Rolodex Art Journal Cards

Here are the last 13 cards for May.

Peeled Paint techniques using vaseline as a resist

Painted paper towel scraps cut into squares and glued over painted base

Paints and stamps added over a print of Rae Missigman's artwork

Distress paints and doodles

Painted paper scrap with tape transfer (flower rug from catalog)

Background of deli paper painted with fluid acrylics

Drywall tape with Distress paints and stains, doily, chipboard stars

Book text covered with Art Anthologya "Dazzle" paint; heart created with 2 pieces of painted bubble wrap, ironed together

Red, white and blue in honor of Memorial Day (denim background)

Distress paints, whipped spackle colored with Art Anthology spray ink and spread over stencil (after finishing the entire card, noticed it was upside down with holes for Rolodex at top - nothing a little ribbon couldn't fix!)

"Mop up" baby wipe with Dymo label lettering

This started out as a painty mess (see lower third) and kept getting worse with everything I added. Finally added pieces of collage sheet from Jodi Ohl and moved on

Inkense pencils spread over gesso base with baby wipe and collaged images

And now I'm starting June!

3 comments:

Sue Kosec said...

Ohhhhhhhhhh I just love the Vaseline card and of course, the painty mess. Thanks for sharing, Susan!
SuZeQ

JW said...

I just *love* all of the techniques and ideas. Also, your dedication to keeping up with these! Very inspiring :)

lpredflower said...

I put your Blog on my pinterest board
"Blogs I Like". I really like all the AJ pages and ICADs you make. Linda