"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Catching up

The summer is flying by! 

We spent the weekend in Austin celebrating my oldest daughter's 40th birthday (yikes!). The family surprised her on Friday night - my son flew in from San Francisco; my youngest daughter and her boyfriend came from Chicago; another daughter, her husband and 2-yr old Drew came from Albuquerque and we drove down.  The ruse was that my husband and I were taking her to dinner but everyone (including two friends and their husbands) met her there. She had no idea anyone was in town and I think she was truly surprised.




On Saturday we surprised her again with a "Duck Tour." She has always dissed this and said she would never be caught dead doing it. She thought we were meeting for brunch and was not a happy camper when she found out the truth. But she was a good sport and, I think, had fun. The grand boys had a blast, especially with the "quackers" handed out.







The rest of the weekend was laid back, hanging out at Kelly's house and just enjoying being together.










It was a great weekend and, as always, fun to have the entire family together.

No comments: