"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Saturday, August 2, 2014

Steampunk Card Swap

I recently hosted a Steampunk Card Swap. The cards had to use a steampunk theme and include at least one metal embellishment.

I created this card for my partner.  The focal piece is a portion of a Graphic 45 paper. One of the background pieces is black art metal embossed with a gears embossing folder and then sanded. The other background piece is card stock stenciled with spray ink and an eye chart stencil.  The gears surrounding the eyes and the hanging tag are all metal.


And I received this wonderful card in return.  The aviator is on a transparency and I especially love how the gear and metal pieces on the bottom are laced with black thread. Even the twill ribbon is printed with gears.


It is so much fun to see how others interpret a theme.

No comments: