"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Monday, December 15, 2014

A Fall Card Swap

I'm late at posting this swap that I hosted for my online group in November. The "rules" of the swap were to make a fall card inspired by the November 2014 Tim Holtz Tag. 

This was the original tag created by Tim.



This was the card I created. I did not have his large leaf die but I had the Tattered Leaves set of three. Of course they wouldn't fit on a card front  so I had to improvise. I ended up using two leaves (the negative of the die cut on corrugated cardboard) and then added the third leaf as an embellishment. I also don't have an of the Distress Stains yet so I improvised on that technique also by adding some reinker and water to a mini-mister.  The "fall" title are some old stickers which I added to twill ribbon.



This was the card I received from Linda S (thanks!) which is a very close interpretation of the original tag. I love it!


1 comment:

Sue Kosec said...

Well, your interpretation is spot on. Who needs all the lotions and potions, right?

Merry Christmas!
SuZeQ