"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Documented Life Project - Week 2

Continuing on with the Documented Life Project, here is last week's page.
Art Challenge: Gesso
Prompt: "The beginning is always today." Mary Shelley


I used gesso to prep both pages and then applied several acrylic paints randomly over the pages. Then I continued to add many layers: using gesso through a stencil to act as a resist; stenciling with modeling paste, stamping with different stamps as well as the edge of a credit card; adding spray inks; and freeform doodling. For the calendar section I cut book pages into an irregular scallop border, whitewashed with gesso and outlined with paint. The dates were handwritten on punched circles of painted papers. I painted the quote with diluted black paint and the end of a paintbrush.





1 comment:

Sue Kosec said...

fun. fun. fun.

I just love what you're doing here, Susan!

Keep crafting!
SuZeQ