"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Friday, January 23, 2015

One Little Word - 2015 - What's Yours?

In 2006 Ali Edwards started a tradition of choosing a word for her focus for the upcoming year. Her "One Little Word" has become very popular and has grown into yearly workshops.  Choosing a word to focus on, meditate on and think about all year can have a huge impact in your life and decisions you make all year. Do check out her website and blog to learn more.

I have never done this before so I decided to jump on the bandwagon this year. After much thought, I have chosen the word "GROW."

I want to grow this year - in my spiritual life, my artistic process, in my personal relationships. I want to learn new things, try new artsy techniques, make more personal art. As a second (and related) word, I could have chosen simplify as by simplifying my work space and my time, I will be able to better achieve my goals to grow, especially artistically.

So many people are choosing their own words that this will be the focus of my next Mixed Media Workshop at the Little Blue House on February 6.  Students will create an 8" x 16" mixed media canvas to coordinate with their own word which will be custom-cut.  Here's my sample canvas and the information for the class.



          "One Little Word" 
           Mixed Media Workshop  
 Do you have one little word that you start off the new year                  with... or even just a favorite word? We are introducing a new Mixed Media Workshop called "One Little Word" with Susan Tidwell--- Come express & explore through Art.... Customize your 16x8 Canvas and Pick a Word of your own in this Workshop!
          Class Details:
            One Little Word Mixed Media Workshop

         Friday Feb. 6th 10am-1:30pm or 6pm-9:30pm
Cost: $40.00 

               Call or Come by to Sign Up for this upcoming Workshop! 

Hope to see you in class!









1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love your canvases, and to have one that has such a personal touch is amazing.