"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Friday, January 16, 2015

Illustrated Faith Journaling



This weekend The Little Blue House is privileged to host Shanna Noel's Illustrated Faith Journaling Class and today we LBH gals were able to be students for the day and enjoy this amazing class.

When I first heard about this new faith journaling movement a few months ago, I was intrigued. What better way for us "creatives" to combine our creativity with our bible studies.

Shanna shared her personal story with us, how she started illustrating her bible and how her personal blog post just ten months ago sharing one page has mushroomed into thousands of followers, an upcoming website and a Facebook group. We learned a few do's and don'ts of what to use for supplies (bible pages are very thin so different media can bleed through) and listened to a recorded sermon from her pastor on a reading from Corinthians. Then we all documented what the scripture meant to us with handwriting, drawing, alpha stickers, stamps, rubons, watercolor, colored pencils and whatever we had brought with us. It was amazing how different everyone's illustrations were and how wonderful they all were!

So here is my very first entry in my new journaling bible.


I love that my art and my faith can intersect in this creative way. I look forward to a wonderful journey of personal growth, reflection and colorful creativity.

If you would like to learn more about Illustrated Faith, check out Shanna's blog: www.shannanoel.blogspot.com and the Facebook group "Journaling Bible Community."

No comments: