"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Saturday, March 7, 2015

Catching up on Documented Life Project pages

I am trying to catch up on the Documented Life Project weeks that I was gone. I didn't take many art supplies with me and it's so much easier to create at home. Helping with a newborn and a 2 1/2 year old doesn't leave much time for art making!

January 25
Theme: Blank Page and How to Face it

Art Challenge: Writing

Journal Prompt: Words with Friends


For this page I started by scribbling thoughts about friendship loosely all over the background. Then I added paints, washi tape, spray ink and stamping. The silhouettes are a photograph from the Internet that I copied and then cut out and used as a stencil. I also wrote words of friendship in the painted circles.


March 1
Theme for month: Layers You Will Love

Art Challenge: Under Paper

Journal Prompt: "What lies beneath?"


The under paper is what covers your work surface when creating and catches all the mess. I collaged several torn pieces to the pages and added paints and inks.  Then I laid down the bird masks and painted black around them. The birds really pop! I didn't paint the right side so I could use that for my planner page.


March 8
Theme for month: Layers You will Love

Art Challenge: When Not to Stop

Journal Prompt: Don't Stop Til you get Enough


I started this page by gluing down Tim Holtz tissue paper (with the butterflies) and then added paints, stamping, and texture paste through the Feather stencil. I colored the butterflies with watered down Distress Paint and outlined with black and white pens. The raised feathers are highlighted with gold paint and Inka Gold paste. You can see this better in the photo below.



Only a few more weeks and I'll be on track!

2 comments:

Julie said...

I loved watching you create a couple of these pages from a blank canvas...you are *amazing*!!!

Sue Kosec said...

Ohhhhhhhhhh, Susan ... I just love how you made the stencil. You are a genius - truly!

xo
SuZeQ