"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Documented Life Project - Week 33

August Theme - Faces, The Human Form and Characters
Week 33 -  Aug. 15
Art Challenge: Painted
Journal Prompt: How do I Face my Biggest Challenge?


This month's focus on faces - drawn, painted etc. - is quite the challenge. For this week's page I followed the guest artist of the week Mystele Kirkeeng). In her tutorial she very generously included her three sketches for our use, so I decided to try my hand at the third one. This was so out of my comfort zone, but this week's prompt was facing your biggest challenge, so how better to do it than to really challenge myself!

Below is Mystele's finished painting from her sketch. She used a very loose, "scratchy" painting technique. When painting with acrylics, I usually blend and smooth out the paints, so I wanted to try this less controlled method. 



I think my end result is still too blended and not as sketchy as Mystele's but I am happy that it at least resembles hers and actually looks like a face! I obviously need much more practice.

I'm still catching up and have one more week's spread to finish before getting on track for this week. Traveling sure plays havoc with a schedule!










No comments: