"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Friday, January 13, 2017

Calendar/Planner/Life Documented for 2017

I can't believe it's been ten days since my last post! Where does the time go?

We spent last weekend in Austin with our two grand boys there since we hadn't spent Christmas with them. It was a quick trip but, as always, lots of fun and hugs and kisses. They are growing up way too fast! 

The Documented Life Project (Art to the 5th) gals are not continuing the project this year so I decided to do a mix of the last three years on my own. This will be much less structured. The part I loved most about the past few years is the memory-keeping aspect of the project, so I will continue that.

I decided to use a Traveler's Notebook (Midori-style) which I created out of plain papers with a kraft cover. I think I will be able to get half of the year in one.  I printed out monthly calendars to put in the beginning of each month for a monthly view and punched and stamped divider tabs for each month. I will use one half of each open spread as the weekly calendar and the other half as an art journal/memory-keeper. Some uneventful weeks will just have some art; other eventful weeks will be more "scrapped." I've also added various washi tapes along the edges of all the pages which looks so yummy.









Week 1




Week 2



So far, I'm loving this format and am enjoying the process. it's not as involved as last year and I'm hoping I will spend less time on the planner and more time working on other art.   Stay tuned...

1 comment:

Sue Kosec said...

Susan, I'm so glad you've decided to do this for yourself this year. AND I'm especially glad that you're sharing! What great memories for you to reflect back on. I like that you documented "cold and rainy" ... living in Texas, that's something good to put on paper.

PS - did you like La La Land?

xo
SuZeQ