"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Sunday, June 4, 2017

"True Colors" Round Robin

I am participating in an altered book round robin where we exchange our books and everyone in the group works on all the books. We have color themes, but no other rules.
I posted previously on this here.

The latest book I received is a large, shaped, masonite book. The owner chose whites, creams and denim as her colors.

This is the spread I created.



I used crackle paint on the backgrounds and then layered old pattern instruction sheets, denim, ticking fabric and several laces.  


Left page

On this page I added several vintage images, a piece of vintage measuring tape, lots of creamy and white buttons, a few black snaps and a flower made with circles of denim.



Right page

The focal point of this page is a vintage photo of two Victorian women in white "tea dresses."  I made the ruffle with sewing pattern tissue, added more buttons, a silver scissors charm and another denim flower.

This has been sent off to the next person in line and I anticipate my next book after the
middle of the month.

My blog will be quiet for the next ten days. I am off to Vermont with my daughter, Kelly and her two little boys, to visit my mother. See you later!


2 comments:

Sue Kosec said...

Your work amazes me. The owner of this book will be delighted with your contribution.

Happy travels!
xo
SuZeQ

SewPaperPaint said...

Oh my gosh! It's fabulous! I could never imagine the denim, but now I'm drooling over it! So so pretty. Hugs, Autumn