"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Saturday, July 29, 2017

Art Marks 30-Day Challenge #3 - Summer 2017





Rae Missigman started a phenomenon with her first 30-day Art Marks Challenge back in January.  The idea is to make marks in a small journal daily, using the given prompts. I participated in both previous challenges and when she announced a third one this summer, I jumped on the bandwagon once again. 

This time I made a tiny "junk" journal, literally made from small pieces of scraps, junk mail, tags etc. The largest page is 3.5" x 5" and the smallest is 2" x 3." The cover is a canvas-type 4" x 6" sample I received for printing photos. I simply folded the pages in half, stacked them and used a simple pamphlet stitch to bind them together.  I added scraps of gelli-printed pages to many of the pages for a starting point.

I started a few days later than the actual project, but this is a do-your-own-thing anyway so the start date didn't matter. The challenge is to continue it for 30 days. If you are interested in playing along, click here to find out the details of this summer challenge. Rae also has an online class for making your own "pocket journals" if you would like some help and inspiration in making one yourself.

Art Marks Summer Challenge - Days 1-6

Cover

Inside front cover and Day 1 - Dense

Days 2 and 3 - Scrawled and Curved

Days 4 and 5 - Geometric and Ruled

Day 6 - Wide
Closed journal

I'm looking forward to doing a bit of daily art in this tiny journal.








1 comment:

Sue Kosec said...

Well GOOD for you. I keep saying I'm going to do something like this. Do I though? Nope. One of these days - in my spare time (HA!) I might surprise myself.

What you've done here is great - I'm proud of you for your stick-to-it-ness.

Fun stuff!
xo
SuZeQ