"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Wednesday, September 20, 2017

A Collage Project

I'm always looking for new projects to tackle. I recently found discovered Joanne (craftyhodges) on YouTube. She does awesome collage work and has a new 6-part series making quirky collages. Her instructions are very thorough.

I decided to follow along and make the collages along with her. The series is free and she posts a new collage each week. To do the collage exactly like hers, you need to purchase and download two sets of collage sheets from Mischief Circus, but you could always make up your own crazy combos with magazine cutouts. These are sized for Traveler's Notebooks (4 1/4" wide x 8 3/8" tall) but could be resized for whatever substrate you are using.

Week 1 - "Tenny Bird"



Week 2 - "Rosebud"




Week 3 - "Home Sweet Home"

The original had "Home Sweet Home"
stamped in upper left corner, but I haven't
added anything yet.

Of course, these aren't my original art, but I'm loving them anyway! So fun to work on something you don't have to design for a change!

 I have scanned them so I can reuse them in various forms. Joanne suggests making them into cards or ATCs or using the focal image as stickers for a journal or planner.  In a future post I will show you how I am storing them in yet another craftyhodges project.





2 comments:

Sue Kosec said...

Great idea! I love these images, too.

Happy crafting ...
xo
SuZeQ

Scatter said...

Love this!