"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Saturday, September 30, 2017

Life Documented 2017 - Sept. Weeks 4 and 5



This is my spread for the week of Sept. 17-23. It was mostly a catch-up week except that my husband had a heart ablation (his fourth) on Thursday and my oldest daughter from Austin flew back into Dallas from Spain, stayed overnight and then drove home the next day. It was fun seeing her and hearing about her awesome trip.

For this background I started with Distress Stains. Since this is just regular paper, they didn't blend very well so I added gesso lightly over the pages. I used doodled blocks for the days of the week and added various stickers and doodles in the blank areas.






And this is this past week ending today. I dry-brushed and finger-painted bright Scribble Sticks (Dina Wakely) on the background and made marks on the dark blue areas with a white pen.  I love these watercolor crayon sticks, but it is hard to get anything to write over them as they are a bit waxy. I went to the annual Pinners' Conference yesterday with a friend and the red and white polka dot strip I used is part of the wristband from the show.

For the right page, I found a great quote from the words I cut and save from magazines and also a cute photo from an old Somerset Studio magazine. I layered the image with two different colors of tissue paper.


1 comment:

Sue Kosec said...

I just love seeing how you fill your weeks! The creativity around the journaling rocks. How is hubby?

Happy October
xo
SuZeQ