"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Tuesday, September 5, 2017

It's been a busy few weeks!

I'm back and have no idea where to start! My last post was on Aug. 21 and we left early Aug. 23 (my husband's birthday) for Chicago. We visited our youngest, Sara, there for a day and a half. On Thursday night we flew to Albuquerque to babysit our two grand boys, Drew and Grant, while their parents went to Durango for a race (they are runners).

We were supposed to fly from there on Sunday to Austin for our other grandson's first day of kindergarten on the 28th. Hurricane Harvey rolled into Houston on Friday and changed our plans! No flights were open into Austin on Sunday from Albuquerque, so I flew home late Saturday night (my husband stayed to cover the babysitting) and then flew into one of the only flights into Austin on Sunday (at 7 am!).  I was determined to be there for Carl's first day.  Wouldn't you know it, school was canceled! But at least I was there for Tuesday. 

So, the last week has been for resting, getting back into a "normal" schedule at home, and catching up on everything.

I have three weeks' of my Life Documented planner to share.

August - Week 3

This was the week of Drew's first day of kindergarten so I used the right page of the spread to document that special moment.



August - Week 4

This was birthday week for my, my son-in-law, and my husband; travel and Hurricane Harvey.




I used the CTA card (Chicago transit) as a tip-in and added a photo of us with our daughter at Lincoln Park Zoo. (Photo below shows the tip-in opened.)




August - Week 5

This week Carl finally got to start kindergarten too. Again, I used the right page to document his first day.



I'm hoping to get back on schedule with more frequent posts...




2 comments:

Sue Kosec said...

I just absolutely do NOT know how you do it all, Susan. You are my super hero!!! Love how you document absolutely everything you do. What a great way to look back and reminisce all of your comings and goings.

So brave to be air-traveling all around Harvey and all of the destruction!

Happy crafting and welcome home.
xo
SuZeQ

Linda Manning Findley said...

Susan .... your muse is just flying ... love all of your art journaling ... don't know that I could keep up with you and your daily schedule let alone all the art you get done ... keep it coming

Linda F