"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Thursday, October 19, 2017

I'm Back - and Catching Up, Again

It's been another busy few weeks. On Wed. the 4th, I went to Albuquerque to babysit Drew and Grant while their parents went to Zion National Park and the Grand Canyon to run two races. Then I left there on Saturday and went directly to a week-long retreat in Taylor, Texas, with six other artist friends. I just returned this past weekend and we celebrated our 45th wedding anniversary on Saturday.

I've caught up on my documented life planner and am working on putting finishing touches on my retreat projects, which I will share later.

October Monthly Spread


I used watercolors on background and washi tapes for the top and bottom borders. The dates are punched pumpkins with numbers written in white pen.


October - Week 1



Background is acrylic paint. Dates are stamped and dividers are washi tape. On the right spread I added an ATC I received in a technique swap. The technique was "cracked glass."  The photo is a collage of the boys and I since I was in Abq. that week.


October - Week 2



This was retreat week. We each take a fully-kitted project to "teach" and we do one or two per day, depending on the type of project.  For the right page,  I created a collage of the finished projects and printed a 4x6 photo to use as a tip-in. I also made a tip-in of the business card of the restaurant where we celebrated our anniversary.



The left side of the above photo shows the other side of the "tip-ins."  The right page has more photos from the week.

1 comment:

Sue Kosec said...

Susan, I so enjoy seeing how much you can cram into each week. And then seeing how much of that you can cram into your pages. You have such a flair for doing so. Just amazing!

Must say though ... Just a tad jealous of our week-long retreat. Looking forward to seeing more of your projects created while you were there.

Happy October!
xo
SuZeQ