"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Monday, October 23, 2017

Life Documented 2017 - Oct. Week 3



October - Week 3

This week was a busy week with friends. Tuesday two friends and I celebrated our birthdays jointly. Mine is in August, one is in Oct., and the other is in Nov., so we try to set one date to celebrate them all.  We went to lunch and shopped at a few antique "malls."  Then on Friday a friend who moved away about 2 years ago was coming into town so we met for a long brunch.

The background of this spread is acrylic paints scraped over the pages. I used thin strips of patterned paper for the dividers, stamped the dates and cut out the days of the week from an old calendar.  On the right page I added photos of our birthday celebration with some stickers and three flowers I had saved from the birthday card my Mom had sent me. (Hate throwing things away!)  I've saved the tiny strip of lace for forever so was happy to use it!

1 comment:

Sue Kosec said...

Don'tcha just love being able to dig into your treasures and finally use them? This is a very colorful and attractive spread - I love it.

How wonderful to gather friends and celebrate life. Lucky you!

Happy crafting ...
xo
SuZeQ