"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Tuesday, January 9, 2018

A few cards for swaps

There hasn't been much going on here except for putting away the Christmas decor and getting the house back to order. And I think my mojo stayed in California as I haven't felt very creative lately.

I am participating in a few card swaps in January so I did get those done.  These aren't due until the end of the month but it doesn't hurt to be ahead of the game.

Our group is sending cards to the children at St. Jude's Hospital for Valentine's Day.  I was supposed to make two but ended up making two each of two different cards. (It's just as easy to make two as one when all the stuff is out!)



The dinosaur is a free svg file from SVG Cuts. I thought it would work for boys. I didn't have an appropriate stamp so just hand-lettered the sentiment.



This one would be good for a girl and is mostly stamping. I bought the little hedgehog stamp from Lawn Fawn at the Heirloom Stamp Convention in Grapevine last weekend. The heart stamp is very old.



This is a Valentine for a Valentine card swap. The background was made using  Distress Ink directly on an embossing folder and running it through a Cuttlebug. The felt heart strip and ribbon are from my stash and I have no idea where they came from.  The stamp is an oldie from PSX (2003!) but a favorite - I stamped it on kraft card stock to match the base card.


1 comment:

Sue Kosec said...

Great Valentine's Day cards ... the kiddos will love them!

Happy New Year!
xo
SuZeQ