"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Thursday, January 25, 2018

Journaling by 5s - Session 5 and "Free Play"

For some reason I either didn't photograph the pages after the fifteen minutes of pen and pencil work (Session 5) or I somehow deleted them.  This session took much longer than the allotted time - I did get something on each page during the fifteen minutes but it wasn't much.

In the original Journaling by 5s by Shannon Green, after all the steps have been done, you can have "free play" and take as long as you need to make the pages look complete. I took several days of doing a few things to each page and then coming back to do more. Among other things, I added washi tape, doodles and outlines in black and white pen, texture paste through a few stencils and some Tim Holtz "small talk strips."

Here are the first ten pages, mostly "done." A few still look like they could use something more, but I'm not sure what at the moment. I'm going to set them aside for awhile and then come back to see if I should add more.


Pg 1



Pg 2




Pg 3



Pg 4


Pg 5


Pg 6


Pg 7


Pg 8


Pg 9


Pg 10



I still have some details to add to the last pages so I will post them in a few days.

2 comments:

Sue Kosec said...

I enjoyed every single page but my all-time fave is page one. There's something about everything you've done that just speaks to me.

Looking forward to your next post.
xo
SuZeQ

Linda Manning Findley said...

as always you do such fun creative work ... I love looking at it because it makes me smile ... keep it up