"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Monday, January 15, 2018

Journaling by 5s - Session 2

I'm back with Session 2. I actually did the first three sessions all in one day, but I am spreading out the blog posts to avoid too many photos.

Session 2's prompts were to add collage and recycled materials to create texture. I used quite a variety of materials that I'd saved for awhile and I will note what I used below each photo.  (It is helpful to have a box or basket of saved scraps and interesting pieces to use in this exercise.)


Pg 1

patterned paper, napkin, Tim Holts tissue paper, vintage ledger paper

Pg 2

napkins, "under" paper, tissue paper, dictionary paper

Pg 3

ledger paper, scrapbook paper, napkins

Pg 4 

dictionary paper, magazine scrap, punched patterned paper, napkin

Pg 5

tissue paper, napkin, magazine scrap, patterned paper

Pg 6

napkin, magazine scrap, inside security envelope

Pg 7

napkin, music paper, scrap of instructions from sewing pattern

Pg 8

Tim Holtz tissue paper, magazine scrap, other tissue paper

Pg 9

magazine scrap, music paper, tissue paper, punched circles from magazine

Pg 10

magazine scrap, music paper, napkin, hand-painted tissue paper

Pg 11

napkins, magazine scraps, gelli-printed deli paper

Pg 12

tissue papers, magazine scrap

Pg 13

napkin, tissue paper, punched circles from magazine

Pg 14

OOPS - somehow didn't take photo of this page in this session!

Pg 15

napkin, punched tissue paper, hand-painted tissue paper

Pg 16

magazine scraps, piece of fibrous paper

Pg 17

magazine scraps, piece of fibrous paper

Pg 18

under paper, inside of security envelope, magazine scrap

Pg 19

tissue papers, gelli-printed deli paper

Pg 20

napkin, magazine scrap

The pages are still not looking like much but they are improving! I was happy to finish this step in exactly the fifteen minutes, though at one point I was a bit worried! Basically, I just grabbed a scrap and slapped it down with gel medium. After the timer went off, I went back and made sure everything was glued down properly.

Up next, Session 3...

No comments: