"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Monday, March 5, 2018

Embroidering

The past few months I have been embroidering some holiday felt ornaments. It started when my two art friends and I had our monthly art date in early Feb. and we decided to do some Valentine hearts for little wire trees we all have. We were inspired by Vicki Chrisman (my online friend and fellow crafter) and her felt hearts. You can see some of hers here.

These were the ones I made. We die cut the felt layers from various dies and then used simple embroidery stitches and buttons to embellish them. I have a few more cut out but ran out of time before Valentine's Day. Next year...




Then we decided to continue on for Easter ornaments. We used dies for the egg shapes and scallop circles (sheep) but hand-drew and hand-cut the other shapes. I added a combination of embroidered flowers, vintage paper flowers and felt flowers and buttons to embellish these.



They all looked super cute on the tree for each holiday.

2 comments:

Linda Manning Findley said...

Susan these are so cute ... wish I had paid more attention when my grandmother was trying to teach me to embroidery ... I did take to heart the crocheting she taught me ...

Sue Kosec said...

Oh Susan ... these are so adorable. How nice that all of you have the little trees to hang them on.

My favorite has to be the little bunny.

Happy embroidering!
xo
SuZeQ