"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Easter cards

We're back from the weekend in Austin celebrating our oldest grandson's 6th birthday. Wow, he grew up fast! He had a very fun party at Chuck E Cheese with 18 of his friends from kindergarten, preschool and the neighborhood. I don't think I've been in a CEC for 25+ years and was surprised they were still around! Needless to say, it was bedlam but he was over the moon!

Birthday breakfast




Birthday boy

Star Wars theme - light saber cupcakes


Inside the ticket blaster - he caught well over 1000 tickets!


After resting from the chaos, I spent some time yesterday making some Easter cards for the grand boys and one of their friends (who seems to have adopted us).  Found a similar card on Pinterest of course and used a stamp/die set from Reverse Confetti from a few years ago for the peeps and sentiment.  It's impossible to see in the photo, but I used a perforating wheel from my sewing days to add detail to the wavy edges of the paper layers. Gotta get these in the mail soon!



1 comment:

Sue Kosec said...

The grands (plus one) will be over the moon to receive these cards. Goodness, but those six years flew by - I remember when he was just a tummy bump.

Happy Easter to you!
xo
SuZeQ